What is the significance of a company’s registered address?
- A company's registered office is the location where all business-related activities and communication takes place.
- A company can have a corporate office, branch, factory, or administrative office in addition to its registered office.
- However, the registered office of a company must be formally registered with the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- The company's domicile will be determined by its registered office in India.
- Thus, it is necessary to specify the company's registered office address and submit the necessary papers when forming a Private Limited Company.
List of papers/documents that must be provided when a company seeks to register its office during its incorporation
- Water Bill/ Electricity Bill/ Property Tax Receipt
- If the property is rented, you will require the landlord's permission in the form of (NOC)
- The lease agreement or the rent agreement that is officially signed between the company and landlord
- It is mandatory that the name and address on the water bill/ electric bill/property tax receipts should match the landlord's NOC certificate and the rental agreement correctly.
- It is not mandatory that the registered office have to be a commercial or industrial premise.
- Furthermore, it is mandatory that a registered office should not be an empty property or an under-construction property.
- A residential property can also serve as a company's registered office.
How can you change the registered office address?
- If the address of the registered office changes within the same city, town, or village, the same must be reported within 15 days to the ROC by completing the relevant documents.
- The registered office must adopt a special resolution passed by the board if the change of the registered address of the office is beyond the city, town, or village limits.
- If a company's registered office is to be relocated from one ROC's jurisdiction to another, the relocation must be authorized by the ROC's Regional Director.
Procedure to change the company's registered office inside the same city
- To begin, the company must call a board meeting and adopt a resolution for the same.
- The MCA requires the company to submit a form INC22. It must be submitted within 30 days post the board resolution being passed.
- Attach the utility bill for verification of business address, the owner's NOC, and the leasing agreement if the space is rented.
Procedure to change the registered office address in the event in the event of different ROC
- In the event of the registration of the office address in the jurisdiction of another ROC, it is obligatory for the company to get approval for the same by the regional director as mentioned in Form INC-23.
- Within 60 days post the Regional Director's confirmation, the same must be formally submitted with the ROC.
Get the best service for changing the registered office address
We, at Careful Counting, provide the best service both for the registration and change in the registered company address.
We possess a team of highly experienced Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries.
Provide us with some basic documents, and we will get started right away.