What is DIN?
- Director Identification Number (DIN) is an identification number that the Government of India may issue to a person who is or wishes to be registered as a company’s director.
- It is done with the aim of formal identification of the director and comprises the Designated Partnership Identification Number (DPIN) that is issued pursuant to section 7 of the Limited Liability Partnership Act-2008.
- The Director Identification Number must be obtained by all current directors and anybody who wishes to be assigned as the company’s director.
- Non-Indian citizens who serve as the directors of Indian companies must also have a DIN. But, the directors of international companies with Indian branches are not required to get a DIN.
- Any person who wishes to be designated as a director of a company or chosen as an official partner in a limited liability partnership must duly fill and submit Form DIR -3 online to the Government of India to receive a DIN.
- If the business is created using Form INC-32, no more than three directors can obtain a DIN.
Step-by-Step Procedure for Obtaining DIN
Step 1: Go to the MCA Portal and get Form DIR-3.
Step 2: Scan the following documents
- A Passport Size Photo
- A PAN card is necessary for the verification of the identity of an Indian citizen applying for the same.
- For foreign nationals, applying for the same, it is obligatory to furnish a passport.
- Applicant's address proofs (self-attested)- Driving License, Aadhar Card, Telephone Bill, Election Card, Electricity Bill, Ration Card comprising only the applicant’s name should be attached
(A) In the event of an Indian citizen, papers must be no more than two months old as of the E-Form submission date.
(B) In the event of a foreign citizen, documents verifying the address must be no more than one year old from the E-filing Form's date.
Step 3: Obtain Class 2 Dsc Certificate through Certifying Authority authorised by Controller of Certifying Authorities.
Step 4: (A) Fill out the FORM DIR – 3 and attach all the scanned papers in the form mentioned in step 2.
B) Both the applicant and a full-time practising CA, CS, or CWA of the company must digitally sign the document.
Step 5: To get a login id, it is mandatory to register on the MCA21 Portal.
Step 6: Sign in to the MCA21 page using your login credentials and click on the "e-Form upload." Pay the e-Form DIR-3 fees (Rs 500/-) after uploading.
Step 7: Certified DIN will be created if the Form DIR-3 data have not been recognised as a possible duplication.
Step 8: If any of the information provided in e-form DIR-3 needs to be updated, the applicant is entitled to use e-form DIR-6 to do so.
For example, if a director's address changes, he or she must file e-form DIR-6 along with the requisite certified papers to notify the authorities.
Get the best service for obtaining DIN
- Don't wish to engage in the hassle of such a tedious process?
- We, at Careful Counting, provide the best services for seamlessly obtaining a DIN.
- With several decades of profound experience, every single process is like a walk in the park for our highly experienced team of Chartered Accountants and Company Secretaries.
- We ensure that our clients don't face any single difficulty, as we remain charged to expeditiously carry out every documentation process.
- Give us some basic details, and we will get started right away.